June 30, 2013

Cooking Recipe: Roasted Garlic

I absolutely love roasted garlic on everything! When I have time to make it, I roast enough to last me a week. My favourite way to enjoy it is on a salad. It is extremely simple to prepare and the sweet, soft cloves can be used in countless ways.


Ingredients

Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt (optional)
Cayenne Pepper (optional)

Directions

1. Cut the garlic through the middle with all the peels still attached.
2. Place the garlic on a piece of foil large enough to wrap the whole garlic.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the garlic. Pour it over the heads so the oil seeps down in between cloves.
4. For more flavour season, salt and cayenne pepper on top (optional).


5. Put the garlic back together and wrap in foil.
6. Roast in a preheated oven at 350ºF for about 15 minutes on each side until garlic is soft and aromatic.
7. Remove the roasted garlic from the oven and simply pop individual cloves out by squeezing or use a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment