My first one is the Canon PowerShot SD400 and I have had it for 9 years! It still functions pretty good, in fact I still use it religiously but of course it doesn't operate as fast as the newer cameras. I have had many memories taken with that camera and I guess I could say I'm kind of attached to it.
The second camera I got was a gift from my boyfriend, it was the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH3. I saw it in stores and was debating whether or not to buy it and the next thing I knew he surprised me with it. This camera is great for taking pictures of objects, but pictures only turn out good with natural lighting. In dim light, pictures turn out grainy and has a blue tone to it which I don't really like. However, a good chuck of pictures posted on this blog was taken using this camera!
The next camera is my first ever DSLR, it was also gifted from my boyfriend. I was so excited to receive the Nikon D3000 and thought that it would be 'the one'. It took me awhile to get used to the weight and size. I'll admit I was pretty intimidated by it so it actually took me awhile to start using the camera. I even purchased a book called, 'Nikon D300: From Snapshots to Great Shots' and was excited to follow guidelines, but I was just not satisfied with the results. Maybe it's because this camera is too 'professional' for me. I have used it more frequently in the last year though!
Last but not least, my brand new baby that I'm so excited to start using.. the Olympus Pen E-P3. I just got it a week ago, but I am absolutely loving it! It has very fast auto focus and for what it is, the image quality is amazing. Of course it will never live up to the image resolution of most DSLR, but it is a great alternative if you want something more compact, lighter, and easy to use. Those are some of the reasons why I bought it, I want to travel with it everywhere. Anyways, here are some comparison photos from my DSLR and this camera taken on Aperture setting:





No comments:
Post a Comment