May 10, 2012

Whistler


I'm sure you all remember Vancouver/Whistler was the home of the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. I've never really got to explore Whistler before so this past weekend we went on a group trip. We left Friday afternoon and headed back home on Sunday. The drive there took us only 1.5 hours because there was no traffic. We stayed at Glacier's Reach for the weekend, the place was better than expected.. we even had our own private hot tub!

The only downside to this trip was the timing; We happened to go in between their Winter and Summer season so a lot of activities were closed. The Ziptrek Ecotour was the only activity that was available for us and so we did it. It was an awesome experience and I would definitely love to do it again!




Activity: Ziptrek - Bear Tour
Price: $99.68
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
Rating: 4/10

On the way back home we decided to stop at Squamish to hike the Chief. Last year I did it for my first time and we only went to the first peak, so of course for my second time we decided to go to the second peak. It is a painful hike, but once you get to the top.. the view is just breathtaking.


Activity: The Stawamus Chief - Hiking
Price: Free
Duration: 2 - 3 hours
Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment