January 13, 2012

NY Resolutions



I am not one that's big on new years resolutions. That's because I never really follow through with them. I just give myself little goals to achieve every once and awhile which I do achieve but never consistently keep up with it once I achieve it. I guess just achieving it is good enough for me.

Anyways, here's my new years resolution:
- Take better care of myself

I want to try being healthy, starting with my eyes. Last month I finally got my eyes check (the last time I did was 4 years ago) and boy did my eyes get worse! Apparently my astigmatism on my left eye is getting really bad as well. To be honest, I know a lot of reasons why it has gotten worse, but I just don't care enough to do anything about it. For starters, I've been wearing coloured contacts for at least 8 years even though my optometrist is against me wearing them. Second of all, I'm always on my laptop late at night in the dark.

Therefore to start off, I bought myself a new pair of glasses - a damn expensive pair. I figured if I spoiled myself with a very expensive pair I like, I would wear glasses more often.


I can't wait to put lens in them when I get home! Anyways, the other plan for when I get home is to buy clear contacts. At this age I feel like my eyes should be stabilizing, not significantly increasing. Also, another reason I'm so concerned is because two weeks ago, I noticed blood on the white part of my eye. According to Google, it was a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It's pretty common and isn't dangerous, but still got me worried and wouldn't want tp experience it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment