November 05, 2011

How to Remove Stains From Carpet

Last week, I was putting on make up and I accidentally got black eyeshadow all over my carpet. I was in a rush so I grabbed napkins to wipe it, but I just made it worse by rubbing it in more. That night I got home and sprayed Spot Shot on it, which claims to "remove tough carpet stains without scrubbing" instantly. Usually it does work for me, but in this case it didn't so I left it. Today I decided to google "how to remove eyeshadow from carpet" and there were many results involving all kinds of methods. I wanted something that was simple and that I would have in my house. So I used dish-washing soap mixed with warm water and gently scrubbed the stains with a sponge. I let the soap sit there and it just instantly disappeared and I love that I didn't have to use any strong chemicals! I was so impressed, I started scrubbing a hair-dye stain and a food stain I had on my carpet for a while. Those stains disappeared as well! I can't believe how well it worked on new stains as well as old ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment